Tuesday, 17 May 2016

Pre camp reflection

  • What sounds interesting about this project?
What I found interesting was learning about the materials around us and testing them. I wanted to find out how materials are tested to find the best materials for different situations. For example, Tensile testing is to find the strength and ductility of materials, some companies use this to find right materials to build the planes that are an important part of how we travel.
  • What do you think you can learn from this project?
I think I can learn more about the different materials, how it is made and how it is tested. I think I can also learn about why different materials are chosen to use in different situations. Another thing I think I can learn about is how they create different materials to better fit the situation instead of the normal metals.
  • Any immediate questions regarding the project?
One question I have is how different materials are chosen to make an composite material which is maybe more stronger or more flexible. Another question is how does the electron microscope work and how it creates a picture so clearly and focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment