Tuesday, 24 May 2016

First Day Reflection

  • What did you do today?
    • Briefly describe your day’s activities
      • Today, my team participated in the scanning electron microscope and tensile testing of materials. Scanning electron microscope is using the SEM to see objects in a higher magnification level while being clear. Tensile testing of materials is pulling the material to test how much strength and ductility it has.

  • What did you learn today?
    • Discuss any learning points from today’s activities
      • I learnt that different materials have different properties based on their strength and ductility. I also learn how to calculate the stress and strain of the material under the test. I also learnt that SEM is a way more clearer and magnified compared to a light microscope.
  • How do you feel about today’s activities?
    • Describe how the project has affected your understanding of the discipline and how it may be applied elsewhere
      • I feel that this project has broaden my idea of materials and when I am developing a product in the future, I will know which product to use and how to test them.
    • Share your insights for the day
      • I feel that the day has been very informative and it has help me expand my knowledge about materials and how they are used.

No comments:

Post a Comment